AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Problems with forum

When I click the Forums tab on the chatbots.org home page, it shows error 404 “page not found”. I have tried this over several days and it fails consistently. Is anyone else having problems or is it something strange with my PC?

Obviously the forum is still working otherwise no-one would read this - it’s just the link from the home page that isn’t working.

[ # 1 ]

No, Will, it’s not you. Erwin and the rest of the team are aware of it, and we’re working on finding the cause so we can fix it. As soon as I have some information about this, I’ll be sure to post it.

[ # 2 ]

Thanks and good luck - let me know if there’s anything I can do to help.

[ # 3 ]

Actually, now that you mention it, if you can post the link URL (not what ends up being in the address bar, please) for each link that goes to the 404 page, that would prove very helpful. smile

[ # 4 ]

I have been having this problem for the past few days, and still now, when I type “www.chatbots.org” or “www.chatbots.org/ai_zone” into the address bar (I suggest that the problem is connected to the forum, of which a preview of topics is shown on the main page). Other pages do seem to work. The only way I can see what’s going on is through Google cache (and ninja spies).

[ # 5 ]

A few times I have got a 404 and chrome says the page is stuck in a redirect loop. Not sure if that’s related.

[ # 6 ]

I nearly always get a 404 error in Firefox here and when I click on the forum tab get “Disallowed Key Characters.”. I have found the only way I can access the site recently is by clicking on the email notification I get when someone posts in a thread I have subscribed to.

[ # 7 ]

I don’t get email notifications anymore. Sometimes Safari will cache a “404” and every time you go to load that page, it goes to the cached copy that was not found. However, lately, I have had not trouble loading the forum as long as I don’t say F*ck in a message.

[ # 8 ]

It’s hit or miss whether I get the email notifications too. I have kept an old one just so I can get in.

[ # 9 ]

I’m sorry you all have been having trouble. I’ve sent out emails to Erwin and the rest of the admin team to let them know about it. These problems are a bit more technical than what I’m able to tackle, so I think I’ll leave it to the experts.

[ # 10 ]

I did notice that the “Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread” option is by default turned off nowadays (an improvement if you ask me).

[ # 11 ]

It could just be that my role as an admin triggers a different mechanism for new post notification, which might well explain why I saw no change regarding this. I just don’t know. But I do know that it’s being investigated, and as soon as I have news I’ll be sure to share it.

[ # 12 ]

I should say also, that I prefer not to be notified by email of activity on the list.

[ # 13 ]

As a member of the community, I would only like to see notifications for threads that I’m involved with, but as an admin, I really need to be made away of all activity. As far as I know (though I must admit that I haven’t yet verified it - I’ll have to double check once I post this), I haven’t missed any posts.

I did find out from another member of the admin team that there is a bug of some sort in the newer version of the software that was recently installed, and that bug may well be what’s causing these issues. That’s all I have for now, but I’ll pass along anything else I learn.

[ # 14 ]

Ok, I just checked, and there are no new posts that I wasn’t informed about, so at least for me, everything is working. I also don’t get any “404” pages either, when logged in as myself, though I do get them when logged in as certain other members. It’s a very strange problem, but we’re doing our best to find and fix the problem.

[ # 15 ]

A 404 just ate my post. The forum is starting to feel like the Minotaur maze now cheese

1 2 > 
1 of 2

login or register to react