AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Intelligence Testing of ConceptNet

[ # 16 ]

Thank you for your reply. I am using ConceptNet5. It’s a great knowledge base. I just wonder how they answer the questions. So as my understanding, they translated the questions to search queries manually.

Don Patrick - Apr 19, 2014:

It was only asked the textual questions of the IQ test. Conceptnet can read normal English.

The verbal portion of the test asks questions in five categories, ranging from simple vocabulary questions, like “What is a house?”, to guessing an object from a number of clues such as “You can see through it. It is a square and can be opened. What is it?”

To answer a question from the test, like “What do you wear on your head?”, ConceptNet searches its database for the object that is most closely related to the pair “wear” and “head”.

ConceptNet is a freely available commonsense knowledgebase and natural-language-processing toolkit which supports many practical textual-reasoning tasks over real-world documents right out-of-the-box (without additional statistical training) including

topic-jisting (e.g. a news article containing the concepts, “gun,” “convenience store,” “demand money” and “make getaway” might suggest the topics “robbery” and “crime”),
  affect-sensing (e.g. this email is sad and angry),
  analogy-making (e.g. “scissors,” “razor,” “nail clipper,” and “sword” are perhaps like a “knife” because they are all “sharp,” and can be used to “cut something”),
  text summarization
  contextual expansion
  causal projection
  cold document classification
  and other context-oriented inferences

< 1 2
2 of 2

login or register to react