AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

Incoporating tranlation feature for my bot ?

Hey

I am developing a chatbot using Program O,i want to have feature of translating from one language to another

For eg

Human: Translate Hello to french
    Bot: Hello in french is “Bonjour”

I googled it for all types such as Google translation api(which is not free now), Microsoft translator but could make it a success

can anyone help me out in this context

Thank you

[ # 1 ]

You may check the availability of, Dave, our resident Program O expert here:

http://www.chatbots.org/ai_zone/viewthread/1511/

On the other hand, our moderator Steve, the current Loebner Prize champion, is #1 in the world right now (especially with AIML chatbots).

A few basic tips: AIML written in the language itself, as opposed to AIML translated to that language may be considered the best approach by the AIML experts.  With that said, there is certainly nothing wrong with experimenting with extending an AIML chatbot to use a translator, in my opinion.  Program O is written in PHP and MySQL.  AIML is written in XML.  So these are a few good starting points to investigate implementing a language translator.

[ # 2 ]

Best I could get with this was to pass the phrase to be translated through to Google Translate and open a web page with the results. Not ideal but it’s not something I get a lot of and so was adequate for me. In the CallMom app, we use an external service to provide the answer.

[ # 3 ]
Gopal Sharma - Oct 12, 2013:

Hey

I am developing a chatbot using Program O,i want to have feature of translating from one language to another

I googled it for all types such as Google translation api(which is not free now), Microsoft translator but could make it a success

Try the PHP class that uses Babelfish:
http://www.phpclasses.org/package/2383-PHP-Translate-text-using-Altavista-Babelfish.html

[ # 4 ]

Thanks Carl

will surely give a try and let u Know smile

login or register to react