AI Zone Admin Forum Add your forum

NEWS: Chatbots.org survey on 3000 US and UK consumers shows it is time for chatbot integration in customer service!read more..

JAIL (TM) (JavaScript Artificial Intelligence Language)

[ # 46 ]

JavaScript can actually bootstrap a virtual Linux system on the web.

Try it now (100% FREE): http://bellard.org/jslinux/

Brief How To:

Once it boots up, at the blinking cursor in terminal type:

root

Hit your enter key and type:

ls -al

Hit your enter key for a directory listing on the operating system.

So, the next logical step is a low cost virtual super computer.

What’s to stop JavaScript Artificial Intelligence Language

from becoming Skynet?

[ # 47 ]

Oops!  Ran out the edit timer…

EDIT: root should be pwd

( Don’t worry if you typed: root ... It doesn’t matter. )

So it should say this above:

Once it boots up, at the blinking cursor in terminal type:

pwd

[ # 48 ]
8PLA • NET - Aug 13, 2011:

What’s to stop JavaScript Artificial Intelligence Language

from becoming Skynet?

JavaScript Artificial Intelligence Language is the DNA of Skynet-AI.
Since it runs in the client every computer on the net could be running the AI at the same time.

[ # 49 ]

Out of curiosity, have you considered switching the “identity” of Skynet-AI to something not copyright protected (as I imagine the name “Skynet” is)? Some original character name? How much time would this take to alter all references to “Skynet”. I know you’ve said in the past that you’ve built other bots, but it seems like Skynet is your most advanced creation.

[ # 50 ]
C R Hunt - Aug 13, 2011:

Out of curiosity, have you considered switching the “identity” of Skynet-AI to something not copyright protected (as I imagine the name “Skynet” is)? Some original character name? How much time would this take to alter all references to “Skynet”. I know you’ve said in the past that you’ve built other bots, but it seems like Skynet is your most advanced creation.

Probably a valid point, but I’ve seen skynet used in so many places that I suspect one chatbot would be the least of the trademark or copyright owners’ worries. A google search reveals about 24 million references on the net including many domain names based on skynet. Wikipedia lists quite a few different meanings for it too.

While it’s nice to be able to use a name that conjures up all sorts of heady connotations, they all seem to become cliches so quickly now. More than a few good names came about by accident (e.g. Google, Flickr) while others took years of thought (e.g. Infurl) smile

[ # 51 ]

Skynet is such a used name (even for registered companies), I don’t think it’s copyrighted, especially if you add the -AI to it.

[ # 52 ]

Maybe. Still, it seems like a bad idea to market your “product” with a name that references so many other things. And a name with which your product can never be the first thing people think of. Maybe this isn’t so important now, but someday?

Edited to add: It wouldn’t even be worth mentioning, except Skynet-AI is an awesome bot with so much potential. And it really shows off JAIL. At any rate, keep up the good work, Merlin. smile

[ # 53 ]
Merlin - Aug 13, 2011:

Since it runs in the client every computer on the net could be running the AI at the same time.

More specifically, I think JavaScript Artificial Intelligence Language may have untapped power.  I was referring to setting up a virtual Beowulf cluster using JS/Linux, which is just a matter of adding a second virtual machine for starters, or four or eight would be better, with the cost of hardware eliminated.  Setting up a Beowulf cluster on Linux has been around since the 1990s. 

Another interesting scoop on JavaScript, comes from Google, and their promo video for Android developers.  The main engineer demonstrated that on the version of JavaScript supported on Android, it was possible to break out of JavaScript and make native calls to C Language to increase processing speed.

[ # 54 ]

Thanks CR,
Skynet-AI is considered fair use. The makers of the movie have never tried to uphold any trademarks/copyrights to the names of items in the movies (with the exception of “Terminator”) and it would be difficult for them to do it now.

There are many commercial examples including:
Skynet (satellite), a UK military communications system.
Belgacom Skynet, a Belgian interactive digital media company
Loral Skynet or Telesat, a Canadian communications satellite operator
Skynet Asia Airways, a low-cost Japanese airline
Skynet Airlines, a defunct Irish airline
Sky Network Television

Also a new robotics company Cyberdyne, has registered their name as a trademark.
http://www.cyberdyne.jp/english/

CR-“Still, it seems like a bad idea to market your “product” with a name that references so many other things.”
You are right. But Skynet-AI is more of a test bed and a way to promote the technology. As “Alice” is to AIML, Skynet-AI is to JAIL(TM). JAIL is really the product (although the “brain” of Skynet-AI could also be).

CR-“How much time would this take to alter all references to ‘Skynet’.”
I could do it in a few minutes. The BOT name is stored as a variable. Of course the personality is more tied to the movie franchise character (although as time has gone on this is less so, I have made Skynet-AI a “friendly AI” because of the amount of young kids I get talking to it). If I really had to I could “re-purpose” the character in a matter of days (versus weeks or months).

CR-“I know you’ve said in the past that you’ve built other bots, but it seems like Skynet is your most advanced creation.”
Skynet-AI is my most advanced bot. I have been putting the advances I have been working on back into it.
As version .004 of Skynet-AI stabilizes I have been thinking about what to do next. I’ll be working on the math and memory modules on an on-going basis, but it may be time again see how fast I can build a new character or update one or my old bots.

Some of my choices under consideration:
Platform based:
Windows/IE - Merlin (one of my earlier bots) has good animation and speech output, but it is based on MS discontinued agent technology
Android/Chrome - I added speech input in chrome and I have a avatar built for the platform. But need to find a TTS out solution. I would focus this on using just Google tech and heavy integration with Google Docs.

Character based:
“Computer” - from the StarTrek series (focused on database retrieval)
“Colossus”  - from the Forbin project (a darker computer destined to dominate the world)

Independent:
Striker - (one of my earliest bots) focused on Soccer (football - for those international visitors)
New Human - Built from scratch to act like a person. Possibly targeted at the Loebner competition next year.

Other Projects:
HTML5 database extensions - allowing a user to train and save the bot AI via standard web methods on the client side.
IPod/Ipad/Iphone App - It currently works on all these platforms but could have extra features as a native app. (As a side note, I think I could port any AIML bot over to JAIL and then run it on an Iphone. If Steve hadn’t gotten interest from another source, I would have suggested if for Mitsuku).
Facebook App / Google+ App - I might test how tightly I can mesh with social media platforms.
Natural Language Understanding - Working on the word math problems gave me some ideas/insight into adding deep understanding into an AI.

Some of these things will end up in the next version of Skynet-AI. Additionally, I believe JAIL is now robust enough that I could undertake commercial projects with the platform.

If you have opinions on what you think I should do next with JAIL or Skynet-AI, let me know.

PS: One of the new hidden functions in Skynet-AI is the ability to show word frequency. If you have a conversation with him and then enter:
word count
he will then show the list of all words and their frequency that you entered so far.

[ # 55 ]
8PLA • NET - Aug 13, 2011:
Merlin - Aug 13, 2011:

More specifically, I think JavaScript Artificial Intelligence Language may have untapped power.  I was referring to setting up a virtual Beowulf cluster using JS/Linux, which is just a matter of adding a second virtual machine for starters, or four or eight would be better, with the cost of hardware eliminated.  Setting up a Beowulf cluster on Linux has been around since the 1990s. 

Another interesting scoop on JavaScript, comes from Google, and their promo video for Android developers.  The main engineer demonstrated that on the version of JavaScript supported on Android, it was possible to break out of JavaScript and make native calls to C Language to increase processing speed.

Good points.

Dot.Net also allows Javascript to call C# (I have done this in some test Apps). I have also used it in some Windows/IE web based desktop apps.

I think the “cloud” opens up some interesting possibilities for the future. I would also like to see JAIL running on Node.js as a server implementation.

[ # 56 ]
∞Pla•Net - Jun 24, 2017:

Merlin,

You certainly have a point. Skynet A.I. (JavaScript Artificial Intelligence Language) is a great achievement, just like RiveScript, ChatScript, Arckon, and AIML.  All of which may use JavaScript.

In discussing applied techniques, my intention is not to try to trivialize JavaScript. May I ask your technical opinion as a JavaScript expert?

JavaScript lacks regular expressions support for negative lookaheads. So it is extremely impractical to match a letter _NOT_ followed by another letter. How then would a JavaScript A.I. (blind to digraphs and trigraphs) compromise a cipher, for example?

EXAMPLES:

digraph: regex

ch: c(?!h)

trigraph: regex

scr: s(?!cr)

There may be better regular expressions examples.  My examples are inspired by ChatScript

So as not to take the LPP thread off track, I am posting my JavaScript response here…

A letter not followed by another specific letter
C[^h]
JavaScript also has negative look ahead
S(?!cr)

∞Pla•Net - Jun 25, 2017:

........NEGATIVE LOOKAHEAD
........ (?!not )a robot
........ What are you not?
........ I am not a robot.
........ I am not a human.
........ This regular expression matches “a robot” which is valid as a response to the question.

If I understand the question…
(?!not )a (?!android|robot)

‹ First  < 2 3 4
4 of 4

login or register to react